Asian Science and Maths Olympiad (ASMO) is a competition platform designed to challenge and evaluate student’s knowledge in Mathematics and Science at their grade level. The questions in the Olympiad will stretch their knowledge and understanding of the concepts. Our syllabus fits nicely into the syllabus that concentrates on non-routine problem-solution to prepare the students for the competition. With the expansion of STEM education worldwide, ASMO certainly answers the need of it. Students will be well prepared with the skills to meet the science and technology challenges.
In Malaysia, ASMO is officially endorsed by Ministry of Education and all participants will obtain curriculum marks. In 2018 alone, Asian Science and Mathematics Olympiad has received 70,000 entries from across the ASEAN countries. We are targeting for the number to increase at 80,000 for 2019.
We are also proud to present that ASMO International is a new effort by ASMO Malaysia which started in 2017 in Pattaya, Thailand. When it was initially launched, the competition was setup via collaboration with ASMOPSS and ASMO Thai was the host for the competition. In 2018, Malaysia has become the host for the competition and it was participated by 10 Asian countries.
The idea of opening up a new competition platform which is ASMO International is to expand the level of competition and to provide more opportunities for primary and secondary school students to experience international engagement. (sc : http://asmo2u.com/about-us)
Berikut ini problems and solution ASMO 2018 grade 3
\(2018-(2017 – 2016) + 2019 + 2018 – 2017 = ?\)
2. Fill in the blank below follow by the arrangement.
3. What is the total number of the rectangles have shown below?
Follow by the number line above. What is the value of A+B?
5. The age of Mrs. Wong is 24-year-old elder than Howard. This year, the age of Mrs. Wong is 4 times elder than Howard. So, what is the age of Mrs. Wong?
6. A team of student is planting the trees; the distance between the 6 trees are 15 m. According in this calculation, what is the meter for the 22 trees?
7. Victor finished 120 accessories in 3 hours. Calculate how many accessories could Victor finished in 5 hours?
8. The total number of students in a school is 816 students which are included male and female students. The number of the male students is 74 more than the female students. Calculate how many male students do the schools have?
\(299999+ 29999+ 2999+ 299+ 29+9\).
10. There have 3 types of fruits. According to the dialogues of the animals below and guess which is the lightest fruit.
Rabbit said: Banana is heavier than the peach.
Monkey said: Banana is heavier than the apple.
Cat said: Apple is heavier than the peach.